This policy outlines the basics of how we (Grip & Slide) use any personal data we either collect from you or you provide to us. Please enjoy the enthralling read below to understand our processes with your personal data.
We are a group of automotive enthusiasts with car blogging at the heart of our collective. For the purposes of the law in regards to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the UK’s Data Protection ACt 1998 and the replacement data protection act when it comes into action the controller of any personal data is Thomas Warham firstname.lastname@example.org. If you feel in any way violated you can email us with a complaint at the following contact address. email@example.com
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about yourself:
- Any information you enter onto the Grip & Slide website and social media pages ran under Grip & Slide
- Details of any web store orders and transactions you complete on the Grip & Slide website. This includes postal address, contact details and PayPal accounts.
- If you contact us we may keep records of this correspondence.
- Analytical data in the form of IP address, referral links into the site, outgoing links to other sites, time spent on the site, device information such as browser type and geographical location. All of the analytical data collected is limited to and provided only by your internet browser or ISP.
How we collect this information
- Store orders, via site forms & through the PayPal API
- Automated data collection through web browser cookies and user agents
- Information through your ISP, this is again provided by your web browser.
Where we store this information
We use the following services alongside Grip & Slides own hosted webspace, these services are not limited to UK or EU only servers. All aspects and assets of the Grip & Slide site use SSL encryption technology either through our own SSL certificate or that of a third party service listed below:
- Siteground Hosting
- 123 Reg Domains
- Google G-Suite
- Google Analytics
What do we do with this information
All information held by Grip & Slide is only used for two main purposes: analytical or store order fulfilment. Any analytical information viewed by Grip & Slide is used purely to manually review the impact of our content or to tailor content to all of our users. Any store or order information is stored for the sole purpose of fulfilling an order or ot contact users about and issues or updated with their order.
Any of the third parties listed above may use your data collected automatically via Grip & Slide in accordance with their own Privacy Policies. If this should concern you we can advise the best way to opt out of any third party services Grip & Slide use by emailing us your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal information sharing
We may disclose your information between Grip & Slide collaborators, all whom have agreed via an NDA to not disclose any information to anyone outside of Grip & Slide.
How long we keep your information
We will only retain data for as long as required to fulfil the purpose of each data type. For example analytics data will be kept indefinitely for content improvement purposes and store order details will be kept as long as required for accounting purposes.
We currently do not perform any marketing action outside of third party social media, should you wish to opt out of analytical information collection or use the store without disclosing information you can contact us at email@example.com
You also have the right to the following:
- Request for us to show you a list of what personal data we hold for yourself.
- Request for correction of your personal data should you need to update any information
- Request deletion of personal data that we hold for yourself.
We aim to respond to any privacy concerns within a month timeframe, we may need additional information from yourself to ensure the correct information is provided / deleted / queried.
If you need any more advice on how we manage your information privacy at Grip & Slide feel free to drop us an email at any point, should any requests be deemed as unreasonable (such as repeat requests or excessive information collection) we reserve the right to provide this information at a cost or not at all.